Many poker players, even the ones who often win, tend to get burned through their online resources; they wreck weeks or months of success by going broke in one or two bad seats.
In any case, not surprisingly, players who lose money from playing live casino poker games also claim that they just can’t keep a good online balance. What is interesting to know despite it all, is the number of winners with the same problem. Whether you win or lose, it’s tough to keep your balance stable.
If a player is a regular winner in live poker, it is a good enough reason to believe his or her game is profitable and it should be the same online. Unfortunately, being successful in online poker demands a higher amount of discipline and control than in live poker; therefore, you should behave according to the following power bankroll rules:
1) Play inside your roll – You have to play inside your roll if you want to make money online. In the online poker world, it’s you against the world. Fortunately, if you’re a winner, you can expect a positive return on the investment. But you must have enough money in your roll to make the swings and variation irrelevant.
2) Don’t hold a grudge against your balance – Don’t stare at your balance or you will go into a “loss of one week’s work” depression; or it will take more than a week to get back all you lost in one hour. Don’t focus on each dollar, but rather take stock occasionally rather than constantly.
3) Treat the game seriously – When playing for real money, any seat, pot or decisions, even the smallest mistakes cost money. The more you lose over mistakes, the harder it will be to make a profit and avoid becoming broke.
4) Don’t play out of boredom – Think whether you want to play poker because you feel like it or is it because you want to make money? If you are indeed bored and don’t feel like playing, find something else to be occupied with. Go for a walk, watch some hockey, but don’t play poker.
5) Mind your needs – We are human beings. If we are sick or not in the best shape, we will definitely not play our best game of poker. Moreover, if we don’t eat well, it will only damage our functioning.